HOME > Effort toward the Registration
Effort toward the Registration
Let’s Register “the Landscapes of Uji-cha tea production” to the World Cultural Heritage Site!
Kyoto prefecture promotes Japanese tea and Uji-cha, aiming the possibility of registering it to UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Significance in Aiming for Reistering Uji-cha tea to the World Cultural Heritage Site
The efforts toward the registeration to the World Cultural Heritage will lead to;
convey the value of Uji-cha tea to the people in Japan and in the world and share it with many people.
make a system to inherit it to the future as a valuable treasure for all human.
Examination toward the registration of Uji-cha tea to the World Cultural Heritage Site
- June 2011 and March 2012
- Registration Possibility Examination Committee (Twice)
Concept: Representative asset group for Japanese tea culture
- August 2012, March and August 2013, and February 2014
- Registration Examination Committee (4 times)
Concept: Home of Japanese Tea “Landscapes of the Production of Uji-cha”
- March 2014
- Composition of join proposal (Prefecture and related municipals)
- June 2014
- The governor of Kyoto Prefecture proposed to the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology.
- June 2015
- Revise of join proposal (Prefecture and related municipals)
The governor proposed to the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology.
- More detail ujicha_platform(Japanese only)